Sunday, May 16, 2010

my first market...

Last weekend I set up stall and tried my hand at selling a few of my most recent illustrations and zines amongst some Central Coast and Newcastle creatives at the Youth Street Art Markets, run in collaboration with DRUMfest 2010. With a skate park in the foreground and the sound of drum workshops behind me it was a lovely mix of culture to be surrounded by all day + perfect weather.

Setting up stall was a small feat, taking an entire week finishing illustrations, cutting and pasting mounts, folding and stapling an army of zines so I am completely exhausted. Best of all, I used the opportunity as the perfect excuse to make a visit to the Centenary Antique Centre (29 Centenary Rd, Newcastle). I walked out with some bits to aid my table presentation - a bundle of 1950's floral fabrics, small wooden boxes (which I lined with wrapping paper scraps) and a wooden milk crate with well worn yellow paint.


Just quietly, with a few original paintings left over, lovingly hand mounted and packaged I should have some appearing for sale on etsy by the end of the week.

Here's to floral fabrics and humble beginnings
C is for Chanell xox

3 comments:

  1. This looks so great! Congratulations on your first market! Your work looks lovely and your stall set up is brilliant
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your first market! looks great. i love your style and the two newbies with purple hair above : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey your table looks great too :D well done, very colourful!

    ReplyDelete